How to add an annotated bibliography to a PERRLA paper.
An annotated bibliography can mean a couple of different things. It is either: a short paper with a lot of references at the end, or it is a list of references with a paragraph or two before or after each reference describing it. PERRLA will create an annotated bibliography with text after the reference.
To create an annotated bibliography follow the steps below.
- Start a new paper using PERRLA. Make sure the check the "Reference Annotations" checkbox to include the annotations in the reference list. Also, be careful what you title the paper, because the name will appear at the top of each page, just like in a regular paper.
- As soon as you have entered the basic information, and the paper has loaded in Word, click on Edit References from the PERRLA menu.
- Select the correct reference type for your reference and then enter the information for the reference.
- At any point while stepping through the Reference Wizard, and before clicking the "Finish" button, you can click the "Annotate..." button and type your annotation. You can also paste the text of the annotation if you have it available.
- If you are adding references from your database and need to annotate them, click on Edit Reference and then click the Reference Database tab.
- Select one or more references to add them to the paper and then click the Select button.
- Once the references have been added to the paper, you can click a single reference and then click the "Annotate..." button. Add the annotation as in step 4. The reference section will automatically be updated to include the annotation.
If you created your paper without the "Reference Annotations" checkbox checked, you can add the annotations to your paper by following the steps below.
- Click the PERRLA menu
- Click the "Annotations..."option.
- You will be informed of the current status of annotations in the paper.
- Click "Yes" to include the annotations on the reference section.
If you no longer wish to include the annotations, follow the same steps above to no longer show the annotations.
Let us know your thoughts about this article.